The Science Center has five large lecture halls that can seat 130-500 people.
The Science Center is home to three academic departments (History of Science, Mathematics, and Statistics) including teaching laboratories for astronomy, biology, organic and inorganic chemistry, geology, and physics; five lecture halls; and twenty general-use classrooms.
The Lobby Area is centrally located near all large lecture halls and the Green House Café.
Conferences, Meetings, Large Scale Events, Receptions, Exhibit space
Green House Café is located in the lobby of the building. The Science Center has a decidicated AV office.
Crimson Catering or the Green House Café is the preferred caterer.
Availability varies pending the academic calendar
Polices and Procedures
RULES GOVERNING THE USE OF THE SCIENCE CENTER:
- A uniformed Harvard University police officer must be on duty if (a) any money changes hands within the Science Center (including donations or entrance fees); or (b) alcoholic beverages are served in the Science Center.
- Posters may be hung only on the blue bulletin board directly opposite the elevators on the first floor.
- The areas used should be left as clean and orderly as when your group arrives. If their condition requires additional cleaning staff after the event, your organization will be charged a $100 cleaning fee.
- Food and drink are not allowed in any of the classrooms or lecture halls.
- Nothing besides tickets and registrations may be sold in the Science Center Arcade. No material other than tickets may be distributed (without cost or for a fee) in the arcade. Material, e.g., books or T-shirts, may be distributed or sold inside the reserved classrooms or lecture halls. Reminder: A uniformed HUPD officer must be on detail where items are for sale.
- Your advertising must not imply sponsorship by Harvard University or the Science Center.